- From "Fat Kid" to State TT Champion - One of our top-performing posts of all time, this article profiles Austin athlete Nate Sheetz and his evolution from 400 pounds to cat 2 bike racer.
- Free Trainer Video from ATC Racing - An amateur experiment, but one that involved a lot of sweat and tears... We'd hoped to do more highlight videos of women's racing; unfortunately, we spent all of our time doing things like riding our bikes. What we've been watching recently to motivate ourselves to get ready for the upcoming season: these Driveway Series trailer videos. Check out the video on women's racing at the Driveway, too. (An interview with Wienot Films' Marc Strong is coming soon!)
- The Mean Maximal Power Chart - Taking previous post Power Meters Explained a little further and discussing MMP and its uses.
- Kona Ironman Bike Stats - Jack Mott does the math on historical IM Hawaii bike times and how much of a difference new aero equipment makes. Was Dave Scott just as fast as Sebastian Kienle? You decide.
- Cascade Cycling Classic Race Report - Kat Hunter's race report from the July 2014 Cascade Cycling Classic in Bend Oregon details her experience guest riding for pro team FCS Cycling at the six-day stage race and winning the final stage.
- 2014 Texas State Time Trial Champion Gear & Tech Specs - Jack Mott's detailed equipment overview of Kat's state TT setup and numbers.
- The New Cervelo P2 - A close look at Cervelo's successful new version of the P2.
- A Ride for Any Day of the Week, 2014 - This collection of group rides, organized by day of the week and difficulty, is a good starting point if you're looking for a ride in the Austin area. However, please check in with the listed ride organizers, as many have changed!
- All About Road Bike Tires - Though relatively new, this post has had a lot of views. Read about the importance of tire choice, rolling resistance, tubes, and tire pressure.
- New Orleans 70.3 Race Report - Elite triathlete Gray Skinner's race report from Ironman 70.3 New Orleans, where he finished first overall amateur.
Monday, December 22, 2014
Top Posts for 2014
Christmas is almost here, and another year is coming to an end. We've compiled some of our top blog posts for 2014, from athlete interviews and race reports to in-depth product reviews. Happy holidays from everyone at ATC!
Posted by ATC Blogger at 6:32 AM